Skip to main content

#5 story

The King's Secret

word :

ashamed - feeling very sorry and embarrassed because of something you have done
I felt ashamed of the things I’d said to him.

ceremony - the special actions and formal words traditionally used on particular occasions
The queen was crowned with due ceremony.

dungeon - a dark underground prison, especially under a castle, that was used in the past
Gwen will be thinking I've been put in a dungeon.


a short description of the story:

A king had a son with the ears like ox in the story.
The king let a barber cut his son's hair.
He warned the barber don't say the secret which the prince's ears like ox to anyone.
But the barber said the secret to the old tree, the king also knew it.
Finally,  the prince was relieved instead of hidden of house.
Have a nice ending.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#1 Hello Everyone

I'm Tina, is a shy girl. I'm studying in the Department of Business Administration. I was born on October 16, 1998. I’m 20 years old. My hometown in Natou. It is a beautiful city. My family is full of joy. There is four people in the family, including my mom, my dad and my brother. My English is very poor, but I think I’m working hard. My favorite subject is Math because it could help me think.  In the end,  I hope that I will become a person who contributes to society and always keep a kind and modest in my heart.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

#3 TED Talk

Topic : Why we need strangeness Speaker’s name : Maria Bezaitis Duration : 8:00 Link :   https://www.ted.com/talks/maria_bezaitis_the_surprising_need_for_strangeness?utm_campaign=tedspread&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=tedcomshare 3 words : robust - a robust person is strong and healthy a robust man of six feet for diffuse - to make heat, light, liquid etc spread through something, or to spread like this The pollutants diffuse into the soil. intervene - to become involved an argument, fight, or other difficult situation in order to change what happens The police don’t usually like to intervene in disputes between husbands and wives. My thoughts on the talk : I was attracted by the title. I think we shouldn’t have too much contact with strangers but the speaker didn’t  think so. We should leave familiar environment, getting along with unfamiliar things. I agree this views. Because I think if we don’t hug strangers, we omay stay in comfort zone and never g

#6 online comic

Through the class, I know this website. I read Episode 2:The Magic Contest The story about Pepper&Carrot p articipate in a magic game. At the game, Carrot is sleeping, so let Pepper feel embarrassed. Finally, Pepper&Carrot are  actually contestants and referees. The story isn' t as funny as other comics but it can help me learn English. I can read it when I have free time.